That's where we are headed soon if Suzie Pollock's HB 2009 does not pass!
This bill has a long history but it's never been more important than it is today.
HB 2009 would do several great things, but these are my personal top two reasons why we need to get this bill moving again.
- Secure religious AND conscientious vaccine exemptions for our children in school WITHOUT jumping through hoops created by the county health departments
- No additional vaccines (Covid or otherwise) would be added to the school requirement list WITHOUT legislative approval
where is it at? stuck on Majority floor leader, deaN plocher's desk.
Plocher is in control of which bills come to the House floor for perfection. Regardless of how the bill came through committee, it is Plocher's decision whether or not the bill will be heard on the floor for debate and perfection.
He has 100% control of the passage of every bill. One person - total control. That's just one of the HUGE problems our legislative system has and it desperately needs to be changed...but that's a story for another day.
This bill has passed easily through two committees and yet is being held hostage by Plocher.
Short Answer: Plocher is a sellout to the lobbyists and he likes to buy and sell the votes of his peers. He doesn't give a rats rear end about the people of Missouri. His interest is his pockets and his power - that's about it.
Right now, he's got the American Academy of Pediatrics to please, so he'd rather do that than protect our kids.
The primary opponent of this bill is the AAP.
So, what are their priorities? Here are a couple of interest to you right now.
- Removing RELIGIOUS exemptions on all vaccines
- REQUIRING more vaccines of children of all ages, including a Covid vaccine for young children.
- Pro abortion. They even support adolescents ability to get an abortion confidentially.
- Anti gun. They'd like to see bans on some weapons.
- Transgender agenda, including boys in girls locker rooms and women's sports
They obviously want to see this bill die and Plocher is their water boy.
why would any republican want to appease the aap?
Well, they shouldn't. But that's exactly what's happening.
what can you do?
1. Email & call Plocher's office until all their inboxes are full.
Write a very SHORT, sincere paragraph and tell him what you want. Here's an example.
Dear Rep Plocher,
I'm writing to request that you bring HB 2009 to the House floor for perfection. I strongly disagree with any additional vaccines being added to our school requirement list AND we need to protect our right to live according to our conscience. This right is given to us in the MO Constitution in Article 1 Sections 2 and 5.
I am the parent and I have the God-given right to CHOOSE what is best for the health of my children and family. Please put our wishes ahead of the AAP.
Jefferson City, MO
2. Email & Call representatives who removed thier co-sponsorship.
Jim Kalberloh email@example.com 573-751-4065
Jamie Burger firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-5471
Bill Owen email@example.com 573-751-2948
Sean Pouche firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-6593
Randy Railsback email@example.com 573-751-0246
John Wiemann firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2176
Ron Hicks email@example.com 573-751-9768
Travis Smith firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2042
Dave Griffith email@example.com 573-751-2412
Here's an example:
It has come to my attention that you co-sponsored HB 2009 but removed your cosponsorship. I'd like to know why and urge you to reconsider. Please support this bill and PARENT CHOICE in making healthcare decisions for their children.
I want HB 2009 to pass because.....(keep it short & sweet).
I'm looking forward to your response.
3. Contact your personal rep & the other republican reps to request support by urging Plocher to move the bill to the floor and a yes vote if given an opportunity.
If you don't know who your rep is, you can enter your home address and find out on the House website.
You can find a list of all the representatives HERE. Filter by party to see the Republicans.
The moderate Republicans are saying a 7-1 map could actually turn into a 4-4 but their current map (a WEAK 6-2) is as good as gold.
Now, how in the world is that? Our 7-1 map is going to change and go down the toilet but theirs is a safe bet? I'm not buying that at all. In fact, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that the map in the bill right now is probably not going to hold for even a couple more elections. You don't have to be a cartographer to know that a small little district nestled up next to Cory Bush's territory isn't going to be a Republican stronghold.
Let's just put these maps all in one place and you can draw your own conclusions.
Here's the current Congressional map. We have a 6-2 split. The democrat districts are District 1 which belongs to Cory Bush and District 5 which belongs to Emmanuel Cleaver. Emmanuel lives in Jackson County and he obviously wants to keep his job in D.C.
points to consider
1. In the Pelosi map, District 2 belongs to Ann Wagner, a Republican, for now. But it's already growing in its democrat population. It's expected in the next couple election cycles, it will be a democrat district. The way this map is drawn, Trump only won by 4.9% in 2020, 10 points less than the state average. If we look back to 2018, Hawley would've only won by 1.9%! This is NOT a safe Republican seat!
2. If the trend of the last decade continues, District 2 in the Pelosi map will be blue no later than 2026 making it virtually impossible for a republican to win - even Ann Wagner.
3. ANYONE describing the Pelosi map as a 6-2 map is a dishonest broker. Period. They know exactly what they are doing. Currently, it could more accurately be called a 5-2-1 (5 Republican, 2 Democrat, 1 Swing), but it will be a solid 5-3 very soon.
4. In the 7-1 map, District 2 is strengthened and District 4 would be Republican. We'd strengthen a current district and gain one in the 4th.
5. Could the 7-1 turn into a 4-4? You tell me. Do you seriously think the democrat population is going to explode in the cities enough to "overwhelm" the rest of the counties in THREE different districts? I don't think so. In fact, we know that people in counties like Jackson and St. Louis are leaving because of left leaning policies like mask mandates.
This is common sense. The moderate RINOs would love for you to think this is complicated and you can't possibly understand what's happening. That's a load of donkey-doo. This isn't complicated. You're a smart cookie.
What do you think?
The Missouri filibuster continues over the US congressional redistricting process.
I think I'll start calling it The Freedom Filibuster! It's been going on nearly a week now and our conservative senators have done an incredible job standing up for Missourian's ability to be represented well in D.C. and, therefore, protect the Republic from Pelosi and her swamp.
Some are wondering why in the world this is such a big deal. It's just a map, right? Wrong!
Given the state of our nation and the incredibly egregious and sweeping acts being taken by the liberal democrats in power, it is PRIORITY to protect our Republican seats and hold as many as is absolutely possible to keep Pelosi from ruling that roost any longer than absolutely necessary!
Can you imagine another 10 years with that lady and her crazy cohorts in charge!?
That means the map is of the utmost importance to the future of our nation. The seats we hold are critical. They ARE worth fighting for!
the argument: country votes vs city votes
One particular senator has actually responded to many e-mails making the argument that dividing up a solid red district and pulling in blue territory would "dilute" the country folks' votes, because surely the city would overtake the country and turn it blue. Her question was, "How long before urban areas overwhelm the rural areas?"
Ok. Now I get it that when you first read that, you think "Yeah! I don't want a city (or a country) person representing me. We are very different and I need a country person like me in DC - not a democrat from over there in the city"
That's a very narrow way to look at it, in my personal opinion. Think a little bit deeper and a spend some time considering what she's actually saying here. Let's take a closer look.
The district in question, is District 5 which currently belongs to Emmanuel Cleaver. You can see a possible 7-1 map above.
- What rural republican has ever wanted another democrat to go to DC regardless of where they live? Do we really think they are so simple and narrow minded that they'd rather let another urban district go blue and have one less red seat vs. electing a "city republican" just because they live in an urban area two counties over? I don't think so. Our rural Missourians are VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED to this liberal agenda that is taking place across our nation and they want to PROTECT THE REPUBLIC.
Missourians are smart enough to know that one more democrat in DC right now supporting Pelosi is a BAD idea for everyone! If we can keep a red seat - do. it.
I believe our rural conservatives want to save the Republic as we have known it & that they'd do about anything to ensure that happens.
2. If a portion of an urban district is added to several counties that have a combined 10 point republican lead, it is going to take ALOT of democrat population growth to "overwhelm" that republican majority. ALOT. It would be highly unlikely, if not impossible. It's definitely improbable. They are not adding territory in urban areas to districts with narrow margins. Our conservative senators are smarter than that.
3. The population of those urban areas are being vacated by republicans who love liberty. Many of our liberty loving city voters are fleeing to the counties where they can enjoy more liberty and they don't have to deal with crazy mandates & tyrannical schools. The truth, in both Kansas City and St. Louis, is that although the population of more liberal citizens is growing in certain areas they are also losing large pockets of people who are sick and tired of tyranny & overreaching government. For that reason, population is also growing in the counties. This means that it would take an even larger amount of democrat population growth to "overwhelm" the surrounding counties in the district.
4. The map being proposed now in Bernskoetter's bill, the map that passed through the House in HB2117, has exactly the same issue so please don't believe this argument. They know you don't know, so they give you this argument knowing you won't like it when the truth is the same can be said of the HB2117 map which our conservatives believe is a 5-3.
the pelosi map the moderates are pushing
Here's what it looks like.
Take a look at District 3 that includes tiny parts of St. Charles county, all the way to the Mississippi River and also reaches all the way across central Missouri to include Camden County and everything in between. It literally circles St. Louis with TWO tiny districts in the city that would be democrat. Now, in THIS map you can be assured that Districts 1, 2 and 5 would all be blue. This map is nothing but a 5-3 and it's as obvious as the sky is blue.
Compare this map to the 7-1 pictured above. Which looks more gerrymandered to you?
Which district do you think is going to be more easily pushed to purple then blue?
This isn't rocket science and you don't have to be a map expert to see this map is a load of crap.
District 3 on BOTH maps is the only one you could call "gerrymandered" at all and it's WORSE on the one they are wanting to pass!! No wonder the democrats want this one!
In her email response to concerned citizens, she is basically accusing the conservatives of gerrymandering and diluting the republican voters when the map she wants is MUCH WORSE!
the only important questions
- Do you want another democrat in office or not?
- Do you want that tiny District 2 AND District 1 to be sending democrats to DC along with District 5?
If you don't want 3 democrats from Missouri going to DC, you'd better get on the phone and call the Republicans who are ramming this down our throats. It's the MODERATES who are duping you!
updated rally info
Our speaker lineup has changed!
We're excited that Senator Hoskins will be able to be with us as well as Senators Onder, Moon and Eigel.
It's come to our attention that there is another rally happening on Monday, February 14th. We don't want there to be any confusion so we have changed our label but the purpose is still the same.
We want our legislators to know...
- We see their votes and they will no longer be forgotten.
- We aren't going back to sleep. We are going to keep watching.
- We are here to support our elected officials who vote and battle according to the Republican platform they ran on.
Speaking of our elected officials, Senators Bill Eigel and Mike Moon wanted to express their thanks and appreciation to you this past week!
monday, february 14th @ 2:00 pm in the capitol rotunda
**Subject to change based on senate leadership
2:00 pm - Capitol Rotunda
Prayer & Pledge
4:00 pm - Observe in the Senate gallery
We will be watching the senate proceedings respectfully from the gallery. There are rules and behavior expectations in the gallery and we expect our guests to abide by them. You'll receive more information about gallery expectations when you sign up.
The gallery time is subject to change and could change at the last minute. Planning around the senate schedule is nearly impossible, so please be flexible. They are notoriously late, but the question will be, "How late?"
Please sign up below to let us know you're coming. We will communicate any changes, should they happen, and also send more detailed instructions and tips for our time together Monday.
PLEASE NOTE: Consent of the Governed rallies and events are a coordinated effort between Missouri citizens and grassroots groups who are dedicated to participating in and keeping watch over our Missouri legislature. We stand firm in our beliefs and we are committed to discovering and speaking truth in a peaceful manner that would make Martin Luther King, Jr. proud. We commit to kindness, treating others with fairness, never giving up hope while we do our part.
Today at noon there is a hearing on Suzie Pollock's school vaccine bill, HB 2009.
This bill reinforces our constitutional right to live according to our conscience and it downsizes our government in regard to required vaccines for schools.
We SUPPORT this bill and encourage you to submit an online testimony before midnight tonight. Be sure to check your email after you submit the form in order to verify your email address and complete the process.
Please share this information with your conservative friends & family!