We are nearing the end of the 2021 legislative session here in Missouri and there are some CRUCIAL pieces of legislation that need to pass before Friday, May 14 at 6:00pm.
YOU CAN HELP make sure that happens, so please keep reading and then take action!
HB 1358 is the True Covid Liability Act. It does four very crucial things for Missouri citizens:
- It protects ALL Missourians from liability claims related to Covid-19 exposure. This would also cover any other "contagious disease" that is transmitted through airborne particles. This means that if you invite a group of people in to your home or you own a small business, you would not be held liable for one of your guests or customers contracting Covid-19 unless they could prove you exposed them on purpose AND they were clinically diagnosed with the disease. This is common sense legislation, and it doesn't seem like we actually need to put this into statute, but unfortunately the world we live in today requires it.
- It prohibits the quarantining of healthy people. This is a HUGE step in the right direction! This would be amazing for schools, who have been required to send healthy kids home due to exposure to Covid-19, even though they are not symptomatic and most of them never got sick. This would keep people working and help keep business doors open!
- It prohibits private property restrictions. This means the government would no longer be able to tell you what you can or can't do on your private property, unless it was evident that there was more prevalent disease on your property because of your activities. This means churches can have services and do what they want on their property! This means you are not restricted in your homes or in your private businesses! This means small businesses would NOT be told they have to close or restrict capacity! Our economy NEEDS this!
- It prohibits the government from revoking your business license based on your decision to follow government or scientific organization guidelines. This means you DON'T have to require your employees to mask or get the shot or do ANYTHING the CDC or Dr. Fauci or your County Health Department says. This is FREEDOM for business owners to make their own decisions about how to conduct their business!! Can I get an "Amen!?"
WE NEED YOUR HELP! This bill has to pass the Senate floor, be passed again in the House before Friday, May 14 at 6:00pm.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TODAY.
1. Email your Senator. We need every vote in the Senate we can get.
The email address template is: firstname.lastname@example.org If you don't know who your Senator is, use this Finder Tool.
Request a YES vote on HB 1358.
2. Email Senator Dave Schatz & Senator Caleb Rowden. They are Senate leadership who have the power to bring it out onto the floor or keep it from coming up.
Urge them to move HB 1358 forward on to the Senate floor as soon as possible so that Missourians will be protected from frivolous lawsuits and government overreach.
If you'd like a copy of emails you can use, please join our FREE FaceBook Group and check the Announcements! You are free to copy/paste or edit as you wish
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST with your Freedom-Loving friends and family!