That's where we are headed soon if Suzie Pollock's HB 2009 does not pass!
This bill has a long history but it's never been more important than it is today.
HB 2009 would do several great things, but these are my personal top two reasons why we need to get this bill moving again.
- Secure religious AND conscientious vaccine exemptions for our children in school WITHOUT jumping through hoops created by the county health departments
- No additional vaccines (Covid or otherwise) would be added to the school requirement list WITHOUT legislative approval
where is it at? stuck on Majority floor leader, deaN plocher's desk.
Plocher is in control of which bills come to the House floor for perfection. Regardless of how the bill came through committee, it is Plocher's decision whether or not the bill will be heard on the floor for debate and perfection.
He has 100% control of the passage of every bill. One person - total control. That's just one of the HUGE problems our legislative system has and it desperately needs to be changed...but that's a story for another day.
This bill has passed easily through two committees and yet is being held hostage by Plocher.
Short Answer: Plocher is a sellout to the lobbyists and he likes to buy and sell the votes of his peers. He doesn't give a rats rear end about the people of Missouri. His interest is his pockets and his power - that's about it.
Right now, he's got the American Academy of Pediatrics to please, so he'd rather do that than protect our kids.
The primary opponent of this bill is the AAP.
So, what are their priorities? Here are a couple of interest to you right now.
- Removing RELIGIOUS exemptions on all vaccines
- REQUIRING more vaccines of children of all ages, including a Covid vaccine for young children.
- Pro abortion. They even support adolescents ability to get an abortion confidentially.
- Anti gun. They'd like to see bans on some weapons.
- Transgender agenda, including boys in girls locker rooms and women's sports
They obviously want to see this bill die and Plocher is their water boy.
why would any republican want to appease the aap?
Well, they shouldn't. But that's exactly what's happening.
what can you do?
1. Email & call Plocher's office until all their inboxes are full.
Write a very SHORT, sincere paragraph and tell him what you want. Here's an example.
Dear Rep Plocher,
I'm writing to request that you bring HB 2009 to the House floor for perfection. I strongly disagree with any additional vaccines being added to our school requirement list AND we need to protect our right to live according to our conscience. This right is given to us in the MO Constitution in Article 1 Sections 2 and 5.
I am the parent and I have the God-given right to CHOOSE what is best for the health of my children and family. Please put our wishes ahead of the AAP.
Jefferson City, MO
2. Email & Call representatives who removed thier co-sponsorship.
Jim Kalberloh firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-4065
Jamie Burger email@example.com 573-751-5471
Bill Owen firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2948
Sean Pouche email@example.com 573-751-6593
Randy Railsback firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-0246
John Wiemann email@example.com 573-751-2176
Ron Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-9768
Travis Smith email@example.com 573-751-2042
Dave Griffith firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2412
Here's an example:
It has come to my attention that you co-sponsored HB 2009 but removed your cosponsorship. I'd like to know why and urge you to reconsider. Please support this bill and PARENT CHOICE in making healthcare decisions for their children.
I want HB 2009 to pass because.....(keep it short & sweet).
I'm looking forward to your response.
3. Contact your personal rep & the other republican reps to request support by urging Plocher to move the bill to the floor and a yes vote if given an opportunity.
If you don't know who your rep is, you can enter your home address and find out on the House website.
You can find a list of all the representatives HERE. Filter by party to see the Republicans.
rep pollock's school vaccine bill - HB 2009
Representative Suzie Pollock's school vaccine bill is one of my favorites this session. Here's why.
If you agree and you'd like to help get this bill across the finish line, please let me know by registering here. I'll be in touch soon with specific action items and keep you updated as to what's happening.
Do you want more vaccines added to the school requirement list?
Not only this experimental Covid shot, but whatever else might be coming down the pipe?
Currently, in the State of Missouri, required vaccinations can be added to our school requirement list by direction from the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) in coordination with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). No elected official is involved. Parents won't even know until after it too late.
I don't know about you, but in the current climate of Covid craziness and unknown future - that doesn't sit well with me. This bill would change the statute to require all new additions of vaccines to the school requirement list be approved by Missouri legislature. That means the PEOPLE and our elected officials would have a voice in the process and the power would be removed from the overreaching bureaucrats at DHSS.
do you want mo statutes aligned with the constitution?
This bill brings statute into alignment with the Missouri Constitution by requiring public schools to acknowledge religious AND conscientious exemptions at the written request of the parent. No more trips to the county health department to obtain a yellow card with a seal on cardstock. A simple letter will do.
This bill also...
- Requires schools to recognize acquired immunity
- Requires DHSS to educate parents on what their rights actually are regarding exemptions
- Provides choice for private and parochial schools
- Gives college students living off campus a choice regarding the meningococcal vaccine
- Protects parents rights to choose if they vaccinate without fear of abuse or neglect charges or investigations
- Protects physicians from licensing concerns over granting medical exemptions
Because this bill is especially important, we want to communicate with supporters directly to ensure you don't miss any opportunity to help. Please sign up for email notifications!
THis bill needs more co-sponsors
1. If you don't know who your representative is or you need contact information, use this online look up tool.
2. Look on the Bill Page using the link above. Click on the Co-Sponsor tab. Look for your representative listed. If your rep is already listed, you need to take no further action.
3. If your rep is not listed as a co-sponsor, please call and/or send an email to request they add their name to the co-sponsor list.
I'd like to request that you co-sponsor HB2009, sponsored by Suzie Pollock, to help support parental rights in regard to our children's healthcare.
Do you want DHSS or DESE requiring more vaccines for your child to attend school?
HB2009 has been filed by Rep. Suzie Pollock and deals with reigning in bureaucrats in regard to our schools and vaccine requirements. It affirms legislative oversight over vaccine mandates on school children and restores parents' authority over health care decisions for their children.
CURRENT ACTION ITEM
Please contact House Speaker Rob Vescovo to request this bill be referred to the Downsizing State Government Committee ASAP.
Speaker Vescovo Contact Information
Legislative Assistant: Lisa Bondurant
I am calling/writing to request Suzie Pollock's bill, HB2009, be referred to the Downsizing State Government Committee as soon as possible. Please work to protect parent rights as they pertain to our children in school.