That's where we are headed soon if Suzie Pollock's HB 2009 does not pass!
This bill has a long history but it's never been more important than it is today.
HB 2009 would do several great things, but these are my personal top two reasons why we need to get this bill moving again.
- Secure religious AND conscientious vaccine exemptions for our children in school WITHOUT jumping through hoops created by the county health departments
- No additional vaccines (Covid or otherwise) would be added to the school requirement list WITHOUT legislative approval
where is it at? stuck on Majority floor leader, deaN plocher's desk.
Plocher is in control of which bills come to the House floor for perfection. Regardless of how the bill came through committee, it is Plocher's decision whether or not the bill will be heard on the floor for debate and perfection.
He has 100% control of the passage of every bill. One person - total control. That's just one of the HUGE problems our legislative system has and it desperately needs to be changed...but that's a story for another day.
This bill has passed easily through two committees and yet is being held hostage by Plocher.
Short Answer: Plocher is a sellout to the lobbyists and he likes to buy and sell the votes of his peers. He doesn't give a rats rear end about the people of Missouri. His interest is his pockets and his power - that's about it.
Right now, he's got the American Academy of Pediatrics to please, so he'd rather do that than protect our kids.
The primary opponent of this bill is the AAP.
So, what are their priorities? Here are a couple of interest to you right now.
- Removing RELIGIOUS exemptions on all vaccines
- REQUIRING more vaccines of children of all ages, including a Covid vaccine for young children.
- Pro abortion. They even support adolescents ability to get an abortion confidentially.
- Anti gun. They'd like to see bans on some weapons.
- Transgender agenda, including boys in girls locker rooms and women's sports
They obviously want to see this bill die and Plocher is their water boy.
why would any republican want to appease the aap?
Well, they shouldn't. But that's exactly what's happening.
what can you do?
1. Email & call Plocher's office until all their inboxes are full.
Write a very SHORT, sincere paragraph and tell him what you want. Here's an example.
Dear Rep Plocher,
I'm writing to request that you bring HB 2009 to the House floor for perfection. I strongly disagree with any additional vaccines being added to our school requirement list AND we need to protect our right to live according to our conscience. This right is given to us in the MO Constitution in Article 1 Sections 2 and 5.
I am the parent and I have the God-given right to CHOOSE what is best for the health of my children and family. Please put our wishes ahead of the AAP.
Jefferson City, MO
2. Email & Call representatives who removed thier co-sponsorship.
Jim Kalberloh firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-4065
Jamie Burger email@example.com 573-751-5471
Bill Owen firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2948
Sean Pouche email@example.com 573-751-6593
Randy Railsback firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-0246
John Wiemann email@example.com 573-751-2176
Ron Hicks firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-9768
Travis Smith email@example.com 573-751-2042
Dave Griffith firstname.lastname@example.org 573-751-2412
Here's an example:
It has come to my attention that you co-sponsored HB 2009 but removed your cosponsorship. I'd like to know why and urge you to reconsider. Please support this bill and PARENT CHOICE in making healthcare decisions for their children.
I want HB 2009 to pass because.....(keep it short & sweet).
I'm looking forward to your response.
3. Contact your personal rep & the other republican reps to request support by urging Plocher to move the bill to the floor and a yes vote if given an opportunity.
If you don't know who your rep is, you can enter your home address and find out on the House website.
You can find a list of all the representatives HERE. Filter by party to see the Republicans.
I'm a county chair. I appreciate this site and the work it does keeping people informed. It makes my job easier!